Well, it’s finally the holiday season (yay!). I don’t know about you but I’m excited. I can finally go home and have a nice long break from school, responsibilities, and every other thing I’ve been avoiding to get back to what’s truly important in life: dogs.This is my last blog post. I know, what a journey this has been. I have learned so much. Mostly how bad I am at cooking even the most basic items like toast. Although toast can be harder than it appears.
Anyway here’s some final thoughts before I present my last recipe:
- A few of the recipes I would definitely make again and a few probably would have been better if I could read a recipe correctly.
- I probably should have done more with avocados but I don’t understand how avocados work. I mean, when’s the right time to eviscerate them? Today? Tomorrow? Or just throw them away because giving up is easier than making an irrevocable mistake? I don’t know but probably best to do the last one.
- The right kind of bread is always key.
- I had no idea there were so many toast recipes but I’m glad there are.
For my final recipe all you have to do is
- Throw together 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blueberries with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp tarragon.
- Spread almond butter on the toasted bread.
- Drizzle honey on top.
(This recipe came from the Food Network by the way.)
Overall, it was okay. What turned me off is that tarragon tastes like licorice. The recipe was very tart and sour but the honey evened it out. Perfect for a snack or breakfast. I would recommend drinking it with some Butterbeer if you’re feeling magical. The Butterbeer recipe I highly recommend because it’s amazing. Just try it. You’ll like it.